Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Harvest my brains

Got the flu!!! The worst and most uncomfortable feeling ever....inflated sinus, throbbing head,body pain and mind numbing pain. Fought it through with my regular cold and flu weapons.
Cough, cough, - splutter, splutter
My lungs feel like, they belong in the gutter
Sniffle, sniffle, Kleenex galore
I don’t know if I can take much more

Bright red nose, sore as can be
There doesn’t seem to be much hope for me
There’s a heap of sandpaper at the back of my throat
I’m freezing cold, please pass me my coat

Shiver, shiver, wrap me up warm
These virus’ take on a peculiar form
Achoo, Achoo, croak, croak
Please excuse me whilst I choke.

My mother had a saying which used to make me laugh
She would tell me as she tied up my scarf
‘Cough it up – it might be a ship’
Then when it’s up, we might all get some kip

I don’t think it’s a ship inside of me
But a monster growling as loud as can be
‘Cos my head feels as though it’s about to explode
And everything I hear seems 10 times echoed

So it’s honey and lemon with a Panadol or two
And a liitle toddy in a nice warm brew
There’s no romantic night for me full of charm
But a hot bath and a tub of tiger balm

(Poem by Gaye Algar)...Sums up on how I felt for the last few days.
Now I am glad that I am back up and running.....at work...oh yeah happy to be here. For at home it was like watching grass grow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for a moment my jaw dropped when i read the poem was wondering how much of a literary bug u have become and then i read the last line.. get well soon...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home