Sunday, June 11, 2006

What are you scared of ??

Just pondering on whether there is a name for a phobia for swings. Yep I am petrified of swings. Put me on a roller coaster I will be very much at home....on a swing...sends shivers.
Well I have stumbled on some very interesting phobias some that are weird and some, I guess, all of us suffer from. So here is the sum of all fears:
  • 13, number- Triskadekaphobia.
  • 666, number- Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia
  • 8, number- Octophobia.
  • Accidents- Dystychiphobia.
  • Automobiles- Motorphobia or Amxophobia (pity the person that has this)
  • Bald people- Peladophobia.
  • Clowns- Coulrophobia.
  • Criticism- Enissophobia (I think we all suffer from this)
  • Dancing- Chorophobia. (Must have seen some one dance realllll baddd!!)
  • Dental surgery/ Dentists- Odontophobia/ Dentophobia.(Guilty as charged I am scared of them)
  • Everything- Panophobia, Panphobia, Pamphobia, or Pantophobia.
  • Friday the 13th- Paraskavedekatriaphobia. (Must have been a member of the Templar)
  • Halloween- Samhainophobia. (Trick or Treat...hmm I dont think so)
  • Laughter- Geliophobia. (Now thats weird)
  • Marriage- Gamophobia. (No comment!!!!)
  • Meat- Carnophobia. ( A vegeterian)
  • Mirrors- Catoptrophobia. (Frankenstein)
  • Money- Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia. (well...who could suffer from this??)
  • Parents-in-law- Soceraphobia. (Could I see a raise of hands please)
  • Peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth- Arachibutyrophobia. (what!!)
  • Pleasure, feeling- Hedonophobia. (hmm...."I am scared of being happy")
  • Politicians- Politicophobia.(ha ha....I wonder if this includes "hatred" as well)
  • Punishment- Poinephobia. ( Another common one I guess)
  • Relatives- Syngenesophobia. ( So much for blood is thicker than water)
  • Sharks- Selachophobia.
  • Sleep- Somniphobia.

Well thats all the ones that I found were good. Nope no word for swings. Some people associate to vertigo....and also sensory integration disorder. I dont think its that bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maverick said...

I know a few that the Queen is scared of starting with cockroaches. Hmm...well those were the days that I was regarded a hero for chasing an insect all around the room. Well lets not forget the ninjitsu throw of the slipper that completly misses the roach and leaves a stain on the wall.
Answer to your question yes I am scared of swings and manually operated merry go rounds.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he tell you guys he is also scared of squeky voices....:)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found another one..
pointaphobia -fear of never collecting enough points for flights. see also - redeemaphobia
:)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home