Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A night at Campari

It was quite a hectic day today. The data monkey was in full row today. Had a talk with my parents and yes all’s well back home. Well now time to relax I told myself. Coincidently I was to meet up with a few friends at the Campari in Port Melbourne.
A huge dining area all warmed up was quite welcoming on a cold Melbourne evening. We got a spot in the decked alfresco dining area (which by the way is heated as well). Having a clear blue star studded sky and the warmth of the heaters was exactly what I needed. We got straight into a conversation and our good host Tushar, who is the manager of the restaurant/café, suggests the cocktail of the day. A shot of Frangelico + Midori in shaken cream garnished with roasted almonds. Hmmm….it was a pretty sight. Well they haven’t named it yet….well some suggestions did pop into mind…like “The Cabochon”. Half way through the cocktail comes a platter with different kinds of meat. Sure brought a sparkle to this carnivore’s eyes. And my favourite (thanks to the Godfather movies) was the bread and olive oil. Service was at its best, who could complaint of being pampered. Then came in the hot favourite of the day…Moroccan lamb. Strips of marinated lamb with chilli sauce and jew dips ( I am not sure that I have spelt Jew correctly). Mouth watering and succulent strips of lamb which was well marinated. Absolutely heavenly!!!
Hey I like my food…even though I eat less.
A good talk and a great meal the tiring day that I had was soon forgotten. Yes they serve great coffee as well.
Everything has to come to an end. Mind you 2 of the people with us ( Satish and Deepti) were there for 5.5 hours. Vaish and I were there only for 3.5 (yep, really would have loved to spend more time). Responsibilities beckons and with huge sigh of ABSOLUTE content we left….the lights of Campari and the Spirit of Tasmania slowly disappearing as we drove away, back home.
I also managed to get the website of Campari which is :
http://campari.melbourneaustralia.com.au/
A great way to spend an evening, amidst friends and great food….well we call it a night at Campari.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool to see where u hang out
mint

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home