Friday, August 18, 2006

en·gage·ment




Well this is a blast from the past now.

  • en·gage·ment :
    1. The act of engaging or the state of being engaged. 2. Betrothal.
  • 3. Something that serves to engage; a pledge.
    4. A promise or agreement to be at a particular place at a particular time.

I am getting engaged today. A few more hours to have my call sign changed to "Fiance". Called home to hear the hustle bustle of things. I really wish I could be there. It would have been fantastic...well this would be the wedding then. I would have convinced all to exempt us from the engagement ceremony.

I know, I know...how do you get engaged if you are not there. Well, welcome to Indian weddings. As some one keeps on mentioning to me, "Weddings are not about the groom, but about the bride". Million $$ for who can guess who said that.

I just spoke to Payal and we would repetated "We are getting enagaged" a gizzilion times. Just cant wait to hear the anuncement of our wedding. Tensed as well....yikes....welcome to the world of responsibilities. Thats cool, I will be able to cope up with a bit of maturity in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home